Monday, November 2, 2009

October 26th Letter

Mom,

Well, I'm in the same place for the second transfer! And I am still with my trainer, Elder Rupp. So we will be able to focus on 2 families we are trying to get to church. The really good news is that we are going to get a car now for our area. But we will still be using bikes too--it's kind of weird. Time flies fast when you are doing the Lord's work. We wake up about 6:30, exercise and eat, and shower by 8:00 a.m. Then we do personal and companion study till 10:00 a.m. After we go finding or tracting most of the time or we'll see appointments that we have set up. That goes till about 12:30 Then we eat lunch for 1 hour. After that we tract or see people till 5:30, then go the eat at a members house from 6-7:00 p.m. After that we go out till about 8:30 p.m. then we come home. Then about 9:30 we plan for the next days events. Then I try to get to bed by 10 pm. but it always ends up as 10:30. And that's the schedule for each day, except for Sundays and P-Day. Oh yeah, I'm in choir in the Cenntinial Ward. hehe. Got some cool songs we are singing. Not much time to relax, all about work and the wierd thing is I love it. I've also come to see how important the sacrifice of our Savior was. So many people are so far down the ladder, it's hard to see how they can live day to day without Jesus in their lives. People here are also very stubborn in their churches. Their pastors give them lies and say such bad stuff. It's hard to touch the life of one who thinks that they have everything they need. The work is all about temporal things now a days. While on my mission I have also had to learn certain scriptures to defend our religion from attackers. We never bash, only defend.

I started out with 5 ties coming out, I now have about 11 ties. I'm way cleaner than I have ever been. I have my own desk, which helped immensley. I recently started to write down blessings that I've received from God. I'm at 91 at the moment...I've been doing a lot of stuff I never have. For instance, I've been praying at some doors for my companion. Never thought I'd be doing that ever. Also out here I've learned the commandment to love one another.

I think we finally get to go to the temple next week but I'm not 100% sure. On November 22, we have to start reading the 4 gospels in the new testament, Mathew, Mark, Luke and John, which is 6 pages a day. It's a 30 day thing. You should do it with me. Oh yeah, today is the 26th day of October. I love you so much. I want you to know that I'm out here to serve my Lord and will do anything he asks me. He is our Father in Heaven. And I know that his son is our Savior and nothing shall ever waiver that faith. I Know that My Reedemer Lives. That song in now my testimony. Plus without him I am nothing. He is the way and light. We are in the true church of God. And I hope I can live worthily to live with you and the family in Heaven together forever......

Sincerely,

Elder Dustan Barnard

No comments:

Post a Comment